Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 24, 2013

What a difference a week can make. Last Wednesday Bob did not run because of the high heat and humidity. Today he might need to wear long pants!

We had several generous donations/pledges this week. The support for this project has been wonderful. Below is a note from Bob about his journey:

It began on Memorial Day 2013 and will continue until Memorial Day, 2014.  During that time I will be running several times a week and keeping track of the miles that I run.  At the same time I am seeking pledges for my running either in the form of  pennies per mile (1, 2, 3 etc.) for each mile that I run, or a straight donation..  Barring injury, I hope to run between 1200 and 1500 miles during the year- long project. 

My reason for doing this is quite simple.  Right after 9/11, many brave young Americans stood up and said they would do what they could to prevent another devastating assault on our country.  Many of them have paid a terrible price for doing so.  The Wounded Warrior Project is doing a wonderful job of meeting the complex needs of critically wounded soldiers and preparing them to re-enter society as well-adjusted and productive civilians.  I, as a veteran, applaud their efforts, and I  feel it is time for the rest of us to stand up in support of our brave warriors.  We can do this by supporting the Wounded Warrior Project.

As of Memorial Day 2014, I will notify those who pledged, what they owe and ask them to make out a check to the Wounded Warrior Project, and send it to me.  I will collect the checks and forward them to the Wounded Warrior Project in Washington D.C.

Bob

Please consider supporting The Wounded Warrior Project email Bob at bobvan67@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment